Users of this ability have the power to generate and manipulate Aether, the unique and quintessential essence that flows through most if not all of existence and the universe. It is the source of Quintessence, Chi, Aura, and Mana. And is the opposite of Nether Manipulation, the power to manipulate energy that flows through the realm of the living and the dead.
Users of this power can create, shape and manipulate Aether, a powerful and unique "Celestial Element" that flows through the Universe. There have been many claims/theories made by alchemists, natural philosophers, and very early modern physicists that confirm Aether's power. One claim is that it was the pure essence that the Mythological Gods lived and breathed in the same way humans did with air. Another claim is that Aether is the force used by God himself to create the Universe. Another reference would be the Hermeticist book "Kybalion" that not only explain its nature but the plane it comes from. As mentioned in the Astrology page, Aether is from the "Ethereal Plane", a Physical Plane that exists between the ones of both matter and energy. However, although it can partake in the nature of either substances, Aether is neither of these things.
Despite its title as "Life-Force", Aether encompasses more than the essence of living things. Users of this power will realize that Aether exists in Elemental, Cosmic, and Spiritual forces. This is also proven by the Kybalion's entries. According to the texts, there are at least three levels of both matter and energy each with Aether at the middle.
- The first level of matter comprises the common forms of matter like solid/liquids/gases.
- The second level consists of matter that is more high level, and subtle.
- The third level is comprised of the most subtle, and tenuous forms of matter that scientists don't even know about.
Concerning the energy of each levels and what they consist of:
- The first level consists of the common forms such as heat and light.
- The second level consists of "Nature's Finer Forces", higher forms of energy that is undiscovered by scientists.
- The third level consists of energy that is unrecognizable by human beings, and available only to beings of the Spiritual Plane. This form of energy can be considered as "the divine power" with the users considered "gods".
With this stated, each level of matter/energy refers to the one of the three mentioned forces.
- The first level means the elemental forces because the text refers to common forms.
- The second level means cosmic forces as they are referring to higher forms of matter/energy.
- The third level refers to spiritual/divine forces because the text referred to forms of matter/energy that is unrecognizable by mortal men and only available to transcendent life-forms.
This is supported by the fact that spirits are believed to be ethereal beings that are basically made of Aether. Needless to say, users of this power are shown to be extremely powerful, and essentially invincible due to this.