Power Nullification is simply the power to nullify other powers, negating their effects and effectively rendering the target a normal being. The means and limitations of this ability vary from media to media, but typically only works on other supernatural powers. Particularly powerful users can not only nullify powers that have been activated but prevent them from being used in the first place or even seal or steal abilities permanently. This is not to be confused with Reality Warping or Conceptual Manipulation in any way as Power Nullification is explicitly tailored towards the nullification of powers and usually cannot be applied in other ways.
- Anti-Magic: The ability to nullify magic and its applications.
- Indirect Anti-Magic: These are Anti-Magic techniques, abilities, and artifacts that do not need direct "physical" contact, operating on a variable range. Typically, this includes spells that allow you to undo magical effects at great distances, although there are also non-physical artifacts and techniques that nullify targeted magic passively or even more exotic variations.
- Magic Forbiddence: Techniques and abilities that allow, one way or another, to completely block the source of magical influences, that is, to deprive the target of the ability to use magic and spells. Typically, this includes various anti-magical seals or Anti-Magic acupuncture, which allows you to inflict damage through magic channels, thereby completely blocking them.
- Physical Negation: The power to nullify any of an opponent's abilities as long as the user is touching their target or the effects of their abilities.
- Power Negation Field: The user is able to generate a field or designate an area where no special powers or abilities can be used.
- The user may only be capable of weakening a power rather than outright nullifying it
- Some powers might not be nullified
- The powers are temporarily nullified (ex. only effective so long as they are in the user's presence)