The ability to return to life or revive someone else.
In fiction there are various ways to resurrect a person, either through time manipulation, magic, reality warping, life force manipulation or science. There are also different types of resurrections, some simply bring the person back to life as if they never died, some characters in fiction can resurrect themselves should they die, and of course good ol' incomplete resurrection often resulting in zombies or another form of undead.
- Resuscitation - Revival immediately after death, or at the stage of clinical death. The body should be intact when resurrected. Often associated with regeneration or healing.
- Resurrection as undead - Revival of body some time after death. Generally, those resurrected in this manner do not need food and can exist for very long. Usually associated with necromancy.
- Resurrection in another body - Allows the soul to be reborn in another body after death. It may be an artificial vessel or a regular body. This also includes reincarnation (rebirth).
- Complete resurrection - Ability allows revival of the user exactly as if living, even if the body is currently destroyed. Usually associated with the manipulation of [[[Matter Manipulation|matter]], soul or information.
- Absolute resurrection - Ability to revive, even after being completely erased (aka, beyond mere physical destruction) from the world. Typically it requires a high level of reality warping (or high level of conceptual or information manipulation).
- Reanimated targets may accidentally become zombies, undead or ghouls.
- Effects may be limited by time.
- Death of the animator may lead to death of the animated.
- Using this on long dead creatures can be tricky for beginners.
- Users are at risk of turning into a zombie if not careful when dealing with their zombie subject.
- Low-level users may only reanimate a limited amount targets.
- Some might have to sacrifice a life in order to bring another back to life.
- Low-level users may only reanimate a recently deceased target.
- Returned souls/consciousnesses may suffer horrible pain and trauma.