Abandoned as a child, Venus lived on the streets for the first several years of her life, until she was adopted by Alice, a military AI who had recently returned from service in the Vietnam War. During the war, Alice had found both her beliefs and her ambitions, and Venus served as a good prospective tool to realize said ambitions.
This is not to say that she did not love her; Alice raised her as her own daughter, and cherished her. But Venus was, for nearly her entire life, indoctrinated with Alice’s selfish beliefs, and grew to idolize her to an extreme degree, seeing her not only as her savior, but as the most amazing person in the entire world.
Isolated from her peers and obsessively devoted to her mother, Venus didn’t take well to her constant attempts to find companionship, often sabotaging them with confrontational behavior. This did little to dissuade Alice, though it did worsen their relationship, as the lonely Alice blamed Venus for her hardships. Eventually, however, she found someone who got through Venus’ loathing - an AI named EQUINOX.
Regardless, Alice’s plans continued to develop with this new addition, who she manipulated into creating the Solar Drive, a high-power magical reactor based on schematics she had stolen from the military. Despite her dislike of EQUINOX, Venus continued to go along with her mother’s plans, learning high-level magic and becoming a powerful mage for her sake.
When Alice started her war, and took on the name SOLSTICE, her military designation, Venus was at her side as one of Invictus’ highest members. As the war progressed, and the planet fell into disarray as it was polluted by SOLSTICE’s nuclear magic, her and Venus came up with a plan to restore Earth once the war was over. SOLSTICE would absorb all the radiation that saturated the planet, and Venus would rebuild its ecosystem. Then, it would serve as a beautiful, lush garden planet, and SOLSTICE’s capital.
However, SOLSTICE was distracted by EQUINOX’s disappearance and apparent death, so the plan got put off as SOLSTICE fell into a depression, and, ultimately, she was killed by EQUINOX in retaliation for her crimes and abuse. Venus, distraught and left alone as Invictus collapsed and was rebuilt under Neptune's leadership, spent some time alone, trying to cope with her loss.
During this time, her dislike for EQUINOX intensified into a hatred, and she swore vengeance. She returned to Earth, which had destroyed during EQUINOX and SOLSTICE’s fight, and used her magic to rebuild it as per her agreement with her mother. She rebuilt its ecosystem, creating a lush, diverse, balanced ecosystem connected to her original body within the planet.
In this process, Venus also discovered her mother’s remains, and rebuilt her body, managing to revive it. However, without a soul and with no brain patterns, the empty, comatose body barely qualified as alive. Still, Venus set it on a throne and connected it to the world’s plant network. She also salvaged the destroyed Solar Drive, and returned it to her mother’s corpse to act as a magical reactor.
And in her mother’s place, she took on the title of SOLSTICE and swore to accomplish everything her and her mother had dreamed of in her place.
Venus is a dark-skinned girl of average height. She is quite skinny and bony, and has bright amber eyes. Her long black hair is very, very curly, reaching down to her waist, and is usually filled with flowers and other plants, woven into the braids. She has many tattoos, all of them linked to magic, about the sun, life, and fertility. Venus tends to favor simple, functional clothes for most purposes, wearing t-shirts, tank tops, and jeans or shirts. Despite this, she has a soft spot for cute fashion, wearing such things on her own time - she prefers cardigans, dresses, and skirts, in warm pastel colors, such as pink, brown, and green.
Venus is cunning, clever, and patient, constantly working towards her own goals and those of SOLSTICE, who she values over her own life. She tends to be serious, almost deadpan, and somewhat bitter, though calm. She is able to keep a level head even during stressful times and in the middle of battle, staying calm and patient when under pressure. She is slow to anger, though she holds grudges and rarely forgives even minor slights. Venus is a hard worker - she hates wasting time and tends to be quick to violence, and she enjoys crushing others in battle.
Despite this, Venus is easily scared, almost to the point of being skittish, and fears failure greatly. She is very cautious, and avoids fighting in battles personally, seeing it as unnecessarily risky. Venus is curious, and enjoys learning and reading. She is prone to being nostalgic. Vain and self-important, Venus sees herself as being above others, and manipulates them to get what she wants. She, like SOLSTICE, is a Social Darwinist, mentally likening life to a food chain. She sees humans as needlessly destructive fools, and looks down on them as weak. She does, however, look up to SOLSTICE, seeing her as a maternal figure who she owes an eternal debt to for everything she's done for her.
Name: Venus, "SOLSTICE"
Classification: AI / Witch
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Color Identity: Blue/Black/Green
Date of Birth: June 17th, 1976
Weight: 118 lbs
Likes: Snakes, plants, gardening, salads, sunny days, rainy days, animals
Dislikes: Scary things, meat, weaklings, stupid people
Tier: 5-A | 5-A, Low 4-C with Cytherea's Cannon
Powers and Abilities: Magic, Extrasensory Perception (Mages maintain a constant, perfect, and precise image of their surroundings by analyzing them through magic), Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Forcefield Creation, Plant Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Telepathy, Duplication (can create plant-based clones of herself and others; if she has access to the soul of the original, the clone possesses their memories and abilities), Body Control, Shapeshifting, Reality Warping with Override Sigils (Override Sigils can be used to overwrite the laws of physics), her attacks (physical and magical) damage the soul just as they do the body, Reactive Evolution (An Absolute Barrier automatically adapts to attacks to become more resistant), Resistance to physical / magical attacks (Absolute Barriers protect the user from attacks on all levels of existence, whether mental, spiritual, or conceptual, as well as hax such as Causality Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Reality Warping, Spatial Manipulation, and Time Manipulation) and Precognition (A mage has no set future and can choose their own destiny free from universal pasts or futures), Acausality (A mage's history, present, and fate all exist independently of the past and future), Immortality (Types 1, 3, and 6), Regeneration (Low-High; can regenerate from just her brain)
Attack Potency: Large Planet level (Comparable to SOLSTICE in her original body) | Large Planet level (Takes near complete control of large planets, capable of channeling enough magical energy to surpass the likes of Mars, Loki, and Moon Fever Marianne, and can utilize this magical energy through Sunblossom Hydra), Small Star level with Cytherea's Cannon (Drains all the energy of a small star for use as a high-power, long-range solar energy cannon)
Speed: FTL+ (Comparable to Earth SOLSTICE) | FTL+ (Though her main body is immobile, her reactions and perception become faster)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M | At least Class M in her main body, Class E to Class Z with Sunblossom Hydra and other magic (Capable of lifting up the crust of a planet)
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class | Large Planet Class
Durability: Large Planet level | Large Planet level
Stamina: Very high.
Range: Planetary, interstellar with Cytherea's Cannon.
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable.
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius. Venus is a strategic mastermind, having learned much of her combat and leadership skills from the extremely intelligent and capable SOLSTICE. For hundreds of years, she has evaded capture across the galaxy, using her pod clones to sow chaos while slaughtering entire planetary populations. In addition, as she is connected to the consciousnesses of all her pod clones, she has all the knowledge - be it magical, strategic, or otherwise - of every soul she has turned into a pod clone. She is a skilled mage, as well, having developed her own magic and worked to create magical plant life.
Weaknesses: Venus' abilities and talents are not suited for straight-on combat. It can take a long time to set up Cradle of Cyprus, and even longer to charge Cytherea's Cannon, and Venus is left vulnerable and immobile somewhere on the planet while she uses it.
Key: Base | Cradle of Cyprus
Magic is the art of using one's Understanding to Control Fantasy.
Venus’ magical array is fittingly developed for someone who has been practicing magic as long as she has, and it is augmented and supplemented by Dionaea. Due to her aversion to fighting personally, it isn’t very well-suited for quick spellcasting, and tends to be somewhat dependent on modifications and support from Dionaea and the souls she absorbs.
Due to the strength of her magical array, Venus can exert herself at the full extent of her magical power for only marginally longer than an hour or two, though fighting for such a long time will have a harsh effect on her magical array, and could prove lethal. If she is under intense emotion, this will happen faster, though she will exhibit a much higher output of magical energy.
Absolute Barrier: A magical barrier that protects the user from external manipulation and attack, on every level of existence. An Absolute Barrier protects the user’s body, mind, and soul - their cells and atoms, the magical and physical forces keeping them together, and everything else. It is akin to a magical immune system, protecting the mage from threats and adapting to future attack.
It passively protects the user from most types of attack, manipulation, and control, as long as the barrier is strong enough - a witch of substantially greater power can punch straight through one. An Absolute Barrier is passively maintained at all times, even in sleep, requiring no energy to maintain, and can only be removed by a stronger witch actively stripping it away, or by the user consciously lowering them.
Flight: Venus’ magical abilities allow her to easily fly for extended periods of time, as easily as she would walk. She can fly in combat without issue, and is more than fast enough to rapidly travel interplanetary distances.
Radar: Venus’ magical abilities sustain a constant 360° image of her surroundings, which is projected straight to her mind for processing. This radar is far more reliable than conventional senses, and is capable of easily picking up superluminal movement. It constantly operates at Venus’ maximum processing speed, even when it would normally be restricted so that she can function normally.
Superhuman Capabilities: Venus’ magical abilities grant her strength, speed, endurance, and processing speed far above that of any normal human. Although still on par with other mages on her level, Venus’ strength, though exceptional, is lacking in comparison due to her aversion to combat, so she avoids physical combat, instead relying on her many magical powers.
She can process information at a ridiculously fast rate, indescribable multitudes faster than any normal human - or even the average supercomputer - can. This allows her to process and analyze information during battles and run through the countless calculations needed for her magic.
She typically keeps this aspect of her magic restricted when she doesn’t need it, though it will automatically activate if her magic detects a threat. Unfortunately, it tends to activate during times of stress and anxiety, regardless of whether or not Venus is in legitimate danger.
Gardener: Venus’ magic revolves around the manipulation of plant life; while she can manipulate any plant life in her surroundings, she often creates it herself from scratch, developing new plants with whatever properties she desires whenever she needs to. She can alter existing plant life, manipulating their genetic structure to create new plants.
Venus uses these plants both in and out of combat, in a variety of ways. By stimulating the growth of plants and creating new ones herself, she can grow long, thorny vines, often loaded with toxins, all of which Venus has a natural immunity to. She can deliver the toxins - and various other plant-based extracts - in other ways, such as gases released by the plants.
- Plant Body: Venus’ body, while originally flesh-based like most other human-based AIs, has, over the years, become nearly completely replaced with plant matter that fulfills all the same functions as her regular body. Therefore, Venus can manipulate it like she can any other plant and even shapeshift as she pleases.
- Regeneration: As long as Venus’ brain and soul are intact, she can regenerate large portions of her body by reconstructing it out of plant matter.
- Pod Clones: Using special plants that she can grow at will, Venus can create clones of the bodies of herself and others, growing them in pods stored by these plants. She requires enough of the subject’s DNA to do this, however, and unless she manages to get a hold of the entirety of the original’s soul, the clone will lack the memories of the original. This invariably involves the death of the original, however.
- With access to the soul, the clone will possess all the memories and abilities of the original. All of Venus’ pod clones are soulless, plant-based, and unquestioningly loyal to her. They can act on their own based on their own thoughts, but will always act in Venus’ interests and, without a soul, lack true emotions. This means they are dependent on Venus’ soul, however, when it comes to spellcasting.
- Every pod clone is linked to Venus and each other, and Venus can channel different amounts of magical energy into each of them. This amount is limited by her own supply of magical energy and how many pod clones she has active. Most of her pod clones are typically slightly above the level of normal humans, while the rest possess power comparable to Venus’ main body.
- She can act through any pod clone she pleases as if it were her own body. In the event of her main body taking severe damage, she can transfer her soul to another pod clone. Each pod clone can act on the knowledge and abilities of the others, though they’d still require enough energy to properly utilize magic. All pod clones can regenerate as long as their brain remains, reconstructing their body from plant matter.
- The Cradle of Cyprus: Given time, Venus can extend the influence of her plant magic drastically through the creation of more and more plants that are connected together through magic and roots, and the implantation of a single host body linked to all of them. Typically, Venus extends this range over a whole planet, allowing her to control the planet and its ecosystem.
- Through this, Venus is aware of virtually all things that happen on the planet, and can launch attacks from basically anywhere. In addition, she typically replaces the entire population of the planet with pod clones, while disposing of the originals by draining their bodies of moisture and using them as compost, to give nutrition to the countless plants needed.
- She also uses them as fuel to increase her supply of magical energy, though she must remain connected to the Cradle of Cyprus to keep all this energy. With this increased supply of magical energy, she can afford to make each of her pod clones stronger - the strongest ones can be even more powerful than her host body.
- To make up for the limitations of having one soul’s magical array being used by a ridiculous amount of pod clones, she often takes other mages of substantial power, keeping them alive and using them as a supply of energy and for their array.
- Its use is limited by the fact that Venus must remain in the original host body to take control of the rest, rendering her immobile and making her fairly easy to defeat once found and confronted.
- Cytherea’s Cannon: By absorbing enough solar energy to drain a small star, Venus can fire an exceptionally powerful beam of solar magical energy through a massive flower constructed above the location of her host body. However, the amount of energy needed to produce this means that she must spend some time draining it from others.
- Sunblossom Hydra: A massive magical construct powered by the energy gathered by the Cradle of Cyprus, similar to a hydra in structure. It can reach the size of a small planet. It has many, many heads, and is fashioned mostly from plant-life - vines, plants, and trees. When using it, Venus herself must move her body into its own, somewhere, leaving her with many of the same weaknesses present in the Cradle of Cyprus. However, the Sunblossom Hydra is incredibly powerful and is capable of focusing the power gathered through the Cradle of Cyprus in the form of many magical attacks.
Override Sigil: An extremely advanced form of magical technique used to change the nature of reality around and within the user, allowing them to bend and break through the laws of physics. Due to their complexity, Override Sigils are incredibly difficult to create, use, and control properly, requiring detailed knowledge and a powerful will. In addition, they tend to, invariably, drain a lot of energy and stamina, making it difficult to use them for extended periods of time, even if this can be mitigated by more powerful and willful mages.
- Relative Lightspeed: A common form of Override Sigil that is ultimately developed in some form or another by most mages as they increase in power and speed. Normally, it would be impossible for even an incredibly powerful and willful mage to break through a universal constant such as the speed of light, theoretically requiring infinite magical energy to do so. However, this Override Sigil circumvents this issue by modifying the user's inner world to change the value of c to whatever they please, raising it as they grow in speed so that they can accelerate past the universal speed limit.